Saturday, November 19, 2005

This Blog is for YOU!

Dear LaVerne,

I've started this blog for you!!

Rather than using up precious phone call money to tell you how to start a blog, or writing a detailed e-mail with convoluted instructions (half of which I would have to look up), I decided the best way to help you start a blog is to just DO IT. So - here it is! Granted, I should have at least asked you what you want your blog to be called, or how you want it to look. But hey, time is precious; life is short. How much easier it will be, I figured, to just SHOW you how it's done...

So - check it out, and let me know what you think. I've also written a letter for your family and friends, which I'll post online. You can send them the letter, or just a link to the Web page, and Violá! You are THERE!!

I will invite you to be a "member" of this blog, and if you accept my invitation, you will be able to post directly to it. You'll need to choose an online "identity" (your name, an alias, or a fictitious facade), and a password. Then, you'll be able to use the "Blogger Dashboard" to post a "letter" to your blog, or you can even just write an e-mail to your blog's address, and it will be posted for all to see. (I haven't learned how to do this yet, but I will!)

So - there you have it. You're online!

Hope you love it!!

Martha

No comments: